Tuesday 15 February 2011

Digi Pac 3

I have been working on making a new and FINAL digi pac, as I keep changing my idea or I'm just not happy with the work that I have done.
This is the Digi Pac - my third and final Digi Pac - that I have done, and how I did it.

 This is how I first started creating my digi pac, focusing on using the colours purple and green as I though that this would work better than using pink and white. I was worried that with a dark purple background, the Lucy Star photos that I would be using wouldn't stand out well enough on their own. As well as this I thought that it was a bit too plain and boring and the picture that I used on the first square as a back ground doesn't work well with both the digi pac theme and the colours. 
With the ear phones on the top right hand cover I changed the colour from the original red and black to green as it would work better with the colour scheme that I had chosen, as well as this I faded the picture out as this looked better than just having a big block colour of green, and you can see the stars shinning through behind. 
I then played around a bit more with ideas and the pictures that I had from royalty free sights and came up with this:
I decided that I would move the picture that I had in the top right hand corner to the bottom left, as well as changing the font and the colour of the writing that I had so that it would both stand out more and suit the theme better, as well as keeping it simple, as this can have a bigger impact than having lots of different styles of font. I also wanted to keep the same background on the top right hand cover, as keeping it white would not look as good as it would if they had the same background.  

I then added on pictures of Lucy star and started to play around with the contrast of the back ground pictures and the pictures of Lucy Star: 
After playing around with the contrast of the purple background, I feel that this works better and stand out more as Lucy Star is wearing black and it also shows what sort of artist that she is, she isn't a dull bland person, she is lively and I feel that these colours work better than it would have done if i had just left them as they originally were. 
I also put a picture of Lucy Star sitting down holding a poster that says "Be who you want to be, not what society says you should be" behind the text and faded this out so that you can still see the text and the signs behind, but you can still faintly see what she holding. 
I think that having Lucy Star and her name centered in the middle of the front cover is too original and this should be changed and moved around to see what works better. 






No comments:

Post a Comment